There is no excuse why anyone cannot learn to play the ukulele. Here are five reasons why you should buy a ukulele and start playing.
- 1. It's easy to learn. It only has 4 strings and you can learn to play a few simple 3-chord songs in a day.
- 2. It's fun. It has a bright and happy sound and makes people smile.
- 3. It's small. That makes it attractive for children. It's portable enough for adults to take on their travels, or to a party, or to Hawaii.
- 4. It's affordable. Start with a basic model for less than the cost of a tank of petrol. You can always add more models as you progress along your musical way.
- 5. It's sociable. You can strum and sing along at the same time. 70,000 ukuleles were sold in Australia in 2010, so there are a lot of people strumming, learning and making music together. What a conversation starter.
As George Harrison said, " Everybody should have and play a uke, it's so simple to carry with you and it is one instrument you can't play and not laugh".